Re: Password protecting Internal

From: R. Wayne Linton <linton_wayne/SCAN6_at_shell.ca>
Date: 1997/01/24

Carl, Christianson wrote:

> I am looking at password protecting the connect internal statement from svrmgrl.
> I am running Oracle 7.3 in AIX 4.1.4. How does one go about this?

Carl, have a look at the ORAPWD utility. This creates a password file for internal and sys (and other userids as you see fit). You can have one for each instance or you can share this one password file across several instances. You create this file via the ORAPWD utility. In vms you set up an executive level logical for it so the system can find it; I don't know about AIX.

Look in your "ORACLE7 Server and Tools Administrator's Guide", chapter 2.

--
R. Wayne Linton, I.S.P.
Database & Systems Management