Re: Multi Threaded Server Question ?????

From: Ian Sparkes <isparkes_at_analysts.com>
Date: 1997/01/24

On using the MTS, I'd say it's not a question of simply running out of memory. In general it is possible to use large amount of memory with Oracle.

Unless you are lucky enough to have a system where increases to the SGA are not an issue, then I would suggest the question should be "Where can the memory I have most effectively be used". In many cases use of MTS allows the increase of SGA parameters resulting in significant throughput gains.

Having said this, you would need to be very memory poor to run out with 13 users.

Tim Vannaman <tvannaman_at_vnet.ibm.com> wrote in article <32E7C899.18AD_at_vnet.ibm.com>...