Re: extent size and segment size

From: diversif <diversif_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/01/24

Oracle does indeed round up to the nearest 5 blocks as stated below. However, it only seems to do this if the extent is > that 5 blocks to begin with.
i.e. If I have a 4k datablock and my initial is 16k (4 blocks), The initial would be 16k and the bytes sould be 16k. This is also true for the next extents. If my next extent is 16k, this is all that would be allocated for each next extent (Assuming pctincrease is 0). if next extent were 24k (8 blocks) then 40K will be allocated (10 blocks).

--
My views are my views! You can have your own.
               ___  O 0

Kelly Young <young_at_maricopa.edu> wrote in article
<32E7FB5D.2EB8_at_maricopa.edu>...