Re: file access with UTL_FILE

From: Leng Kaing <leng_at_comsense.com>
Date: 1997/01/24

Rainer Hoerbe wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jan 1997 22:13:38 -0800, Klaus Schliffenbacher
> <sf_at_iwb.mw.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:

The problem is that you are using the single quotes. You must leave them out. ie:

UTL_FILE_DIR=/usr/oracle/mydir

I've had it working - although I can't seem to write a lot of LONG data to it. After a certain stage it will get a write error. Very frustrating as the errors are not predictable. I've tried the FFLUSH to no avail. So my program crashes randomly after trying to write too much to the file.

Good luck,
Leng.