Re: Q on concepts of instances and mutliple databases on the same server

From: Chris Tirpak <cbtirpak_at_fred.net>
Date: 1997/01/23

Simon -

You can have multiple instances running on the same server at the same time as long as your server has the resources to handle it (memory, disk, cpu, etc)

Just make sure you have your environment variables set up correctly so you do not accidentaly screw up the wrong instance while practicing your recovery scenarios.

Enjoy,

Chris Tirpak
cbtirpak_at_fred.net