Re: Help needed with strange constraint problem

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1997/01/22

"Dwayne K. King" <dwayne_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I am having a very weird problem with a stored procedure. The procedure returns
>a BOOLEAN. Running it from SQL*Plus (many times) generates the expected behaviour.
>The procedure is fairly complex and uses dynamic sql to enable and disable
>constraints as it goes.
>
>The problem is this. Under Plus, all works perfectly. However, when I call
>it from a form (using exactly the same syntax), it craps out and generates
>a "form raised unhandled constraint ORA-2298 ..." message. This is the famous
>Unable to ENABLE constraint exception.
>
>Two questions.
>
>1) how can I see _which_ constraint
>2) why is this even happening? Three people have looked at this with me and
>walk away shrugging. Same parameters, same data, one way works, one way fails.
>
>I am at my wits end with this one, so any help is appreciated.

At the risk of asking the obvious, have you tried looking at the alert log to see if the message is in there. Have you tried turning on tracing and looked at the trace file too? It may not solve the problem, but it should help diagnose it.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

This message delivered by electronic sled dogs. WOOF!