Oracle Enterprise Manager, Password for Internal

From: Doug Moloney <pony_at_one.net>
Date: 1997/01/22

One of my DBA's has indicated that they can not give me Oracle Enterprise
manager because it allows me to connect internal and I could do potential
damage to the database. Can anyone tell me if this is true. Considering
that the Internal account uses the same password as SYS, if they change the password for the SYS account, and I (normal user - not dba) launch Oracle Enterprise Manager will I be able to connect internal without knowing the password? Shouldn't I have the same rights that I normally have when I use SQLPlus, or any other tool that connects?

Please respond direct to

Doug.Moloney_at_ae.ge.com
Phone:(513)786-5596, 8*730-5596
GE Aircraft Engines
Materials Management Systems Received on Wed Jan 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST