Re: seeking advice/suggestions in regards to Oracle auditing

From: Barry Johnson <BJohnson_at_WorldBank.Org>
Date: 1997/01/22

David J DeWolfe wrote:
> We are currently in the process of getting auditing configured in several
> of our 7.2.3 databases. ...
>
> David J. DeWolfe
> Systems Programmer
> Statewide Office of Information Services
> University of Alaska
> 907.474.7399
> sxdjd_at_orca.alaska.edu

I'm told there are folk out there who use Audit aggresively...but I've yet to make contact with such people. I asked a more general request than yours some time back and got (essentially) no response.

Sooo, I've been doing a slew of trying'n'testing, not to mention numerous calls to Oracle support, to figure it out for myself and would be happy to share what I have...before I do so, however, how much auditing are you trying to do?

With respect to what I think is a specific question: if you have Auditing options set correctly, a TRUNCATE will truncate and *then* add an Audit record that that was done...haven't investigated what gets logged by an Export, tho'...

--
Barry Johnson  -  BJohnson_at_WorldBank.Org  -  ph. (202)458-0585