Re: Newbie, SQLPLUS problem!

From: Brian Spears <brian_spears_at_dsi.bc.ca>
Date: 1997/01/21

Nabil Courdy wrote:

> I have installed Oracle 7.3. Installation was smooth.
> The database was created smoothly as well. Now, I am
> ready to use SQL. However, SQLPLUS gave me the
> following problem-:
>
> . It recommended running some script called pup(something).sql
> which when I ran complained about the creation of some views
> and tables.
>
> Am I missing something? I am without documentation, but I've
> got some non-ORACLE books that have been very helpful in
> presenting the architecture of ORACLE. Now, however, I need
> specifics.
>
> TIA
>
> Nabil

Hi TIA,

   This pupbld is in the oracle sqlplus/admin directory. It sets up some stuff needed for sql roles. You should run this as the user sys. It probably didn't work because you had connect as another user. Go look at the sysnonyms etc it was suppose to create. Drop the public synonyms etc that you created as the other user. Then go back and run the script as SYS. The message you see when you sign on to SQLPLUS will go away when you run the pupbld properly.

Cheers,
Brian Spears
ORACLE DBA,
DYNAPRO, BC. CANADA Received on Tue Jan 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CST