Re: security violation

From: Jennifer Greene <jennifer_at_ppsg.com>
Date: 1997/01/20

Jimmy:

From http://www.javasoft.com/sfaq, check out:

8.How can an applet open a network connection to a computer on the internet?

Applets are not allowed to open network connections to any computer, except for the host that provided the .class files. This is either the host where the html page came from, or the host specified in the codebase parameter in the applet tag, with codebase taking precendence.

For example, if you try to do this from an applet that did not originate from the machine foo.com, it will fail with a security exception:

        Socket s = new Socket("foo.com", 25, true);

--
jennifer
jennifer_at_ppsg.com

jimmy <jimmy_at_aminet.co.kr> wrote in article <32E3528B.5E2C_at_aminet.co.kr>...