Reset Archive Log Sequence

From: Bun <azeusgps_at_hk.net>
Date: 1997/01/20

Hello,

I am using Oracle 6.0 on Netware platform and turning on the automatic archiving of the online redo log. Recently I have encountered the following problem:

The archive log sequence number has jumped to 99999 (and the last archive log file become "abc99999.arc"). But I found that the archive log sequence number cannot jump to 100000 automatically. Now the Oracle server cannot do any update/delete job as it cannot write the next archive log.

Can anyone tell me how to reset the Archive log Sequence number? or is there any other work around method? Thanks. Received on Mon Jan 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST