Re: Oracle backup questions

From: Paul <bfekrat_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/01/19

Kai-Uwe Borchardt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 2 major problems, which I hope that I can get solved :
>
> I'm running on an NT 3.51 with Oracle 7.13
>
> As the backupsoftware I'm using ArCserve from Cheyenne with the Oracle
> agent. i'm trying to backup on the same server, without luck, since my
> performance damaticali goes to zero. Any one having the same problems or
> can advis me.
>
> Furthermore I'm trying to connect to my Oracle server with Oracle for DOS
> from a Windows 95, since I have a DOS application which needs the DOS
> version of Oracle client.
>
> Anyone out here having a clue ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> BR
> Kai

As Far as backing up your db with Arcserve, if you are attempting to do this to a tape device while the db is open, your users will likely notice significant performance degredation. You may want to enable archiving to a hdd (other than the one(s) containing Oracle db files) and then later back up those archive files to tape). Hope this helps.

Paul Received on Sun Jan 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST