Re: SQL*Loader and wide columns

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/01/18

I've had success in a loading large varchar2 data and a long datatype by spreading the data across multiple lines. You have to preprocess the data with some other tool in order to put a blank in char1 of the start of the multi-line record and then put a continuation char on every line until the end of the multi-line logical record. For the end of the logical record, I used a control character which would never be present in my "real" ASCII data.

Look into the continueif keyword of SQL*load of the Server Utilities guide for examples.

Post again if you want an example and I'll post the control file along with a few logical records of data.

Be careful because SQL*Load considers the EOL character to be the end of the logical record unless you use the continueif keyword.

Cliff
(cbuetikofer_at_isinet.com)
(noodles_at_aol.com)