How get SEQUENCE

From: Paolo Dall'Olio <pdallolio_at_kjws.com>
Date: 1997/01/17

I'd like some suggestions how to get a SEQUENCE (nextval o currval) ...

sometimes it's usefull to get it before the INSERT or UPDATE statement ... at the moment I get it from a one-record table (eg DUMMY) with the following:
SELECT seq_name.NEXTVAL FROM DUMMY;

but I do not like it to much

anybody has a better idea?

thank you

please,
answer directly to my e-mail, too Received on Fri Jan 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST