Re: SQL_DMS.PARSE:Problem with Some DDL's (create view ....)

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/01/17

In article <5bjl45$ckc$1_at_newsin-1.starnet.net>, Adam Tadj <vahidt_at_dbsun.vitek.com> writes
>I am trying to to execte a DDL module using SQL_DMS.PARSE, but have'nt
>had any luck yet. My intention is to use it for the creating views
>dynamically. There error says "insufficient privileges", but we tried
>it from the DBA account and got the same result. Here is the PL/SQL:

This is probably the old chestnut about ROLES and stored procedures.

ROLES are not enabled in stored procedures. The only privileges which are active are those which are granted DIRECTLY to the creator of the procedure. It is very likely that the only privileges you have were granted through a role.

Try granting 'CREATE TABLE ' or whatever, directly to the user who owns the procedure.

--
Jim Smith