Re: Superuser

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1997/01/17

Jan-Peter Meyer <jan-peter.meyer_at_scg.de> wrote:
>Hi
>I am looking for a way of connecting as a user without
>knowing his password assuming, that I have
>system priviledges. I need this to run a batch job in
>the users environment, knowing only his username.
>(something like su in UNIX)
>
>Any help appreciated

Hello there,

You can try the following as a DBA user

  1. select password from dba_users for that user.
  2. Store the password in a variable called original_pwd.
  3. alter user <username> identified by new_password.
  4. connect username/new_password
  5. execute the batch job
  6. alter user <username> identified by value 'original_pwd'

In effect we are storing the old password and running the job with the new password. At the end of activity, reset the user's password to the old password.

I am not sure of the exact syntax of step 6. Please refer to documentation for further details.

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Fri Jan 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST