Re: ORA-0059

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrc.org>
Date: 1997/01/17

Motley Crue, Vaxxer wrote:

> I ran into the ORA-0059 error while creating a tablespace. So the tablespace
> could not be created but the physical file was created. I'm wondering whether
> it is safe to remove the file? TIA.

  You can select * from dba_tablespaces to check for the existence of the new tablespace. If it exists, you can drop it as usual and then remove the datafile. Otherwise, you can remove the datafile directly.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841