Re: Long Raw performence issues

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/01/16

Michael Shapiro wrote:

> Hello World!
>
> I wonder if somebody had expirience working with a Long Raw datatype.
>
> I'm before the dilemma: to use Long Raw 5-10Mb * 20 000 records each year
> or to use Varchar(100) but 200 000 000 records each year.
>
> What will be the performence wise the better solution?
>
> TIA

Sounds pretty bizarre that you can slice it into 2000 character chunks if needed. We are using a long raw column to store graphic images in the database. We have between two and three GB of image data with a total of about 38,000 images. Our performance is not too bad, about 3 seconds per image over SQL*Net over a very slow token ring (yes, I realize that "slow token ring" is redundant).

Loyal Received on Thu Jan 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CST