Re: Storing/Retrieving images in ORACLE

From: <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/01/16

In article <5bm10c$1dp_at_sjx-ixn6.ix.netcom.com>,   rjkrause_at_ix.netcom.com (Bob Krause) wrote:

> You should head over to the Oracle Gov't web site at:
> govt.us.oracle.com and in their download sections they have the
> information you are looking for.

Before the end of next week, we will have posted both a CGI-BIN and Cartridge (OWS 2.0.3 and 2.1 cartridge) that does the file upload and file download via the browser with OWA (it does a lot more as well). I will be following up on the newsgroup with an announcement when I put it up on govt.us.oracle.com. It is not there yet.

> Bob Krause
> Software Engineer
> Select Technolgoies
> e-mail: BobK_at_selectcorp.com
> www: www.ticketslive.com
>
> rohit.saran_at_intelsat.int wrote:
>
> >Hi Oralce gurus:
> > Could someone please point me to some documentation/references on how
> >to store and retrieve images in Oracle.

> >I am developing a intranet applcation using Oralce Web Server 2.0 and
> >have the requirement to store gif/jpeg images as a part of the database,
> >so that they can be queried.

> >Any help would be appreciated....

> >Thx/Rohit.....

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government

opinions are mine and do not necessarily represent the views of Oracle Corporation.