Re: Export - Import question

From: Dan Z. Chen <chen_at_informed.net>
Date: 1997/01/16

Yes, in most situations compress=y will be good for de-fragmentation of tablespaces. But be careful if you have some very large tables of which initial extent (after compressed) may be larger than what you can allocate in a single data file when you do the import. In that way you will get an error message since an extent cannot span multiple files.