Importing tables with funny names

From: Jim Yoshii <yoshii_at_planet.net>
Date: 1997/01/15

A user of our database has created tables with names like "_TABLE_" (don't ask why cause I don't know). By double quoting the table name in his SQL statements he can perform any normal operations. The problem occurs when we do database exports. Tables with names like this export OK, but when we try to import them the import fails with an invalid character error because import doesn't double quote the table name when it attempts to create the table!

Can anyone think of a decent work around?

TIA, yoshii_at_planet.net Received on Wed Jan 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CST