Help using RAW data

From: K Fein <kfein_at_primement.com>
Date: 1997/01/15

Hi,
I am trying to use RAW(255) to store a large binary number. I have sampled the functions RAWTOHEX() and HEXTORAW(), but what I *really* want to do is build a function to left-shift the binary number, e.g., multiply the binary number by two.Ideas???

Currently, I am converting the raw into characters and using the TRANSLATE function. This method isn't any easier that using CHAR(255). Isn't there an easier way?

Kevin

* K. E. Fein "To thy own opinions be true... *
* kef_at_tucsonpo.jewelway.com ...those expressed herein are but mine" *