Re: Full Export/Import Ora 7.2

From: <Paul.deAnguera_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: 1997/01/15

> "Doug Harris" <dharris_at_gov.nb.ca> writes:
> On Oracle 7.2 running on a SCO OpenServer 5.0 platform,
 ..
> However a full import produces errors when importing views and
> processing grants on those views.
> The views in error use a custom function.
 ..
> Has anyone encountered this problem and discovered a fix?

I've found that in 7.2.3 nonexistence of roles or users to receive grants in the target database not only causes failure of the grants, which is understandable, but for no evident reason cascades into failure to create indexes for the tables involved. To avoid this, I use parameter GRANTS=N on the import. I can do that because the owner is the only user of consequence in the target database anyway.