Re: clear table fast ?

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/01/14

>> Original note asked for quick way to clear a table. A reply suggested
truncate

I would just like to point out that in 7.0 and 7.1.3 that only the owner a table may use the truncate command on a table. This is probably true still on 7.1.6 and up.
(I haven't tested this since we upgraded to 7.1.6.)

If you need a non-owner to be able to quickly clear a table you can create a database stored procedure under the table owner that uses the dbms_sql package to issue the truncate command. This gets around the problem. Received on Tue Jan 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST