Re: manipulating graphic images in database, dev2000

From: <jfk_at_sigsys.com>
Date: 1997/01/14

Ron Heeb wrote:

> I would like to load student's photo ids to a table and be able to
> retrieve it with dev2000 forms. can I use sqlload to load a table with
> images? i don't see it but maybe you do. thanks in advance, ron
>
> --
> Ron Heeb, Webmaster
> Mgr., Applications Development, ITR
> California State University, Northridge
> email: ron.heeb_at_csun.edu, webmaster_at_csun.edu

 Ron, you can't do this directly. You need to use the read_image_file procedure in Dev 2K. A couple of words of caution.. I did a big image load using forms against a 7.0.16 database, and most DID NOT LOAD. The database doesn't pick up if long raw (your only database type to load into) data loads return null from the database. This can be a BIG headache, trust me. Another thing to consider is the 64K image size limit you are allowed on the Windows platform. I would recomend reading the files from a subdirectory and doing a view on the fly, rather than saving it into the database directly.

Joe Received on Tue Jan 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST