Re: We want Oracle for Linux !!!

From: Bill Bearden <bbearden_at_quincy.glenayre.com>
Date: 1997/01/14

I agree with Dave. It is tough enough keeping up with new versions and patches to the standard commercially supported versions of Unix. I know that users of both Oracle and Sybase are (and have been) asking for Server versions on Linux. It is a very tough sell though.

I am not saying (and I am sure Dave wasn't saying) that Linux is not worthy. It is a very interesting phenomenon, not to mention an interesting OS. From the little I have heard, Linux is *very* fast compared to the other popular Intel-based OS's. A fast, cheap OS running on fast, cheap hardware is a combination that certainly can't be ignore forever.

Bill Bearden
Independent Consultant
** The opinions expressed here are my own. Received on Tue Jan 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST