Re: Drop invalid tablespace - how?

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/01/13

N Prabhakar wrote:

> janet <janet_at_telesph.com> wrote:
> > i did a select from dba_tablespaces and found one that
> >i know we don't use. the name appears to be a typo. the
> >status is invalid.
> > if i query dba_data_files, there is no corresponding
> >data file for the tablespace.
> > if i say drop tablespace X, it says that the tablespace
> >does not exist (0959). (i know i typed the name right.)
> > it's not a big problem, just an annoyance, but i should
> >be able to rid us of this nonexistent tablespace, right? how?
> Try the following as SQLDBA internal user
> drop tablespace <name> including contents;
> This should drop the tablespace

Tablespace's entry remains in data dictionary even when it is dropped, just its status is changed to INVALID.

So I think you can't get rid of this annoyance.

Jure

 ! Jurij Modic                            Republic of Slovenia !
 !  tel: +386 61 178 55 14                Ministry of Finance  !
 !  fax: +386 61  21 45 84                Zupanciceva 3        !
 !  e-mail: jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si  Ljubljana 1000       !