Re: SYSTEM Tablespace - condensing/compressing

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/01/12

Anthony Smith wrote:

> I would like to reduce our 3 data files for the SYSTEM tablespace
> into one. These have been create due a series of bad decisions
> and basically occupy to much space, as well as giving the
> inefficiencies of 3 files. I am reasonably conversant with doing
> this sort of thing for normal tablespaces, but playing with
> SYSTEM worries me. Anyone have a simple step by step guide. TIA.

   You can achieve the reorganization by using data export and import. If you have any problems concerning about the export and import for tablespace reorganization, I would like to discuss with you.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841