Re: We want Oracle for Linux !!!

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1997/01/11

Alvin Sylvain <alvin_at_c-square.no.junk> writes:

>Atif Ahmad Khan wrote:
>>
>> If anybody at Oracle is listening :
>>
>> We want Oracle fo Red-Hat Linux !!!!

>Don't tell us, there's nothing =we= can do about it!

If you read my first line, I was addressing "somebody at Oracle".

>Instead, try contacting Oracle at their web site, which I think
>is something along the lines of http://www.oracle.com.

I have already done that several times, not just about a Linux release but regarding other matters also. I think they are just piping it all to /dev/null

>Altho you'll probably have to have a serious sales pitch to
>make it happen. Oracle is interested in selling lots of
>product for lots of money. Linux suffers from a) not having
>as large a customer base, therefore there are fewer people

Are you kidding me ? Or are you really serious ? There are more Linux users out there than Solaris users ! Anybody who thinks otherwise should come out of the hole that they have been living in for the past several years.

>to sell to, and b) the people who get Linux are cost-conscious.
>If not, they would have bought Solaris or something for several
>10's of 100's of dollars. Instead, they bought Linux for the
>price of thick book, or they downloaded for the price of a
>phone connection. Therefore, Oracle for Linux would have to

Uh ? Again you don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Do you have any experience with the latest Linux at all ? Or do you just like talking about stuff that you are completely clueless about ? I paid for my Solaris OS !!! and I got my Linux for free !!! and I still would rather be using Linux !!! How much more clear do you want me to be ?

>be =extremely= inexpensive (read: CHEAP), or folks won't buy.

Stupidity has no end. I have bought Oracle for Solaris. I'll gladly buy Oracle for Linux ! (I have got my wallet out, I'd be willing to pay in advance). And there are alot of other folks like me ! Heck people are so desperate that they have bought the SCO version of Oracle and have been trying to get the SCO version to work under Linux.

>This adds up to a pretty huge "We'll Just Wait And See" from
>Oracle's point of view.

Yeah, well, Oracle has fools like you making the decisions it seems.

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Sat Jan 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST