Re: seeking advice/suggestions in regards to Oracle auditing

From: Vijay Vardhineni <vardhineni_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/01/11

In Sys.Aud table you have a TIMESTAMP field. You may want to make use of this field. You may want to follow these steps in your shell script

1) get the to_char(SYSDATE, 'YYYY-MM-DD-HH24-MI-SS') into a shell variable
2) Export the data from SYS.AUD$ Table.
3) Use DELETE Statement instead of TRUNCATE
	DELETE FROM sys.aud$
	WHERE to_char(TIMESTAMP, 'YYYY-MM-DD-HH24-MI-SS') < your_variable;

This Procedure may take more time because of TO_CHAR and DELETE (Instead of TRUNCATE).
Through this procedure, you will not lose any data. It is possible that the records inserted in SYS.AUD$ table between the steps 1 and 2 might be duplicated.

--
Vijaya Kumar Vardhineni
Oracle DBA, EDS

David J DeWolfe <sxdjd_at_orca.alaska.edu> wrote in article
<32D69782.53FB_at_orca.alaska.edu>...