Ent. Manager problem & setting up intelligent agents

From: Reddy <ranjuk_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/01/11

Hi there,

I installed Enterprise Manager on NT and logged into the repository manager with an userid which has connect, sysdba roles granted to it. From the enterprise manager navigator tree, I tried to shutdown one of the databases listed in the tree. That worked fine. Then I tried to startup the database from the ent. mgr, but it failed with messages on ' insufficient privileges'. I did check and I had everything done as per documentation. BTW - I did setup a password file with remote_login parameter set to 'Exclusive'. Is this a bug?

Moreover, can any of you gurus tell me remote tasks managements from ent. mgr. works fine in this version? If so, could you please email me setup procedure on the intelligent agents?

I would greatly appreciate any input. Thanks,

Reddy Chand Received on Sat Jan 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST