Re: P100 32Megs as Oracle Server???

From: Mike Perrien <mperrien_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 1997/01/11

Lito,

It depends on what your using it for. Realize a single processor machine won't take advantage of Oracle's SMP functionality. If your using it for a very, very few users for some testing or training, then it may be okay. But it's going to be dog slow.

If your using it for Designer 2000, I suggest inscreasing your RAM. The min. size of the SGA is 18Mb, then look at memory requirements of your operating system.

You may want to look at getting at least a Dual Pentium machine, and at least 64Mb for a small server.

Anyways, Good luck.

--
Michael Perrien
Staff Consultant, OGS Southeast Region

These are strictly my opinions and don't reflect those of my employer.

adizon_at_mail.us.net wrote in article <85464.adizon_at_mail.us.net>...