Re: Running Pro*C App via Crontab

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 1997/01/10

In article <5b3het$h79_at_netnews.upenn.edu>,

   ikang_at_gradine.cis.upenn.edu (Insoo Kang) wrote:
>Does anybody know how to set Oracle environment variables to a
 Pro*C
>application that will be executed via crontab?

here's a crontab entry to use:

and here's the beginning of my_script cron will call:

PATH=${PATH%:}:/usr/local/bin:.
export ORACLE_SID=WHSPROD
export ORAENV_ASK=NO
export ORA_NLS=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data export TNS_ADMIN=/csapps/oracle/admin/WHSPROD/network  oraenv
<your shell commands here>

Dave Mausner, Managing Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago. Received on Fri Jan 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST