How can I see my new database from other machines?

From: Mr. Jeremy Bettis <bettis_at_inetnebr.com>
Date: 1997/01/09

I just created a new database with SID=OTTR. I can connect to it using the connect string 2:OTTR

In tnsnames.ora I have an entry
ottr.world =

	(DESCRIPTION =
		(ADDRESS_LIST =
			(ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = whittle)
(Port = 1521)
) (ADDRESS =
(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = whittle)
(Port = 1526)
) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = OTTR) ) )

But when I connect to the name ottr I get: ORA-12505: TNS:listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor Received on Thu Jan 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CST