Re: top N or rewriting MAX

From: AWILSON <awilson_at_rci.rogers.com>
Date: 1997/01/08

otierney_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:

> Does anyone know of good (ie FAST) ways of getting the top
> N rows in a table?

Create a view on the distinct value of the column required (to get the sequence), then select from the viewname where rownum < n+1;

The above reflect my personal views and in no way are connected with whomsoever I may be working for at this particular point in time.
Alan Wilson                              Help fight continental drift.