Re: Multiple triggers on a table

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/01/08

N Prabhakar wrote:

> Let us say USER1 has a table EMP. He creates a BEFORE INSERT trigger on
> EMP.
>
> USER2 can have BEFORE INSERT trigger on USER1.EMP.
>
> My question is, which trigger will get executed upon INSERTION of a record
> on USER1.EMP.
>
> Did any one try this and if so, what is the behavior of the triggers?.
>
> I am not sure what is the underlying principle in implementing this
> strategy?

  The order is random. As a result, we cannot write the triggers by the assumption of trigger one then trigger two. The reason for the implementation of the multiple triggers because the snapshot refresh uses AFTER trigger. If we use snapshot, we cannot use AFTER trigger in this case. So, Oracle 7.2 > adopts multiple triggers.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841