Reverse engineer DB or User

From: Bobby Abraham <bobby_at_cm.co.za>
Date: 1997/01/07

I find myself repeatedly wanting SQL code which will examine table/view/index descriptions and produce the SQL code required to construct them. This would made sizing and recreating users and DBs much easier than working with export files as they can be edited directly.

I know tools exist to do this but I want something quick, small and portable (ie SQL scripts).

Has anyone gone to the trouble to write such a thing ?

--

Bobby Abraham			email : bobby_at_cm.co.za
Computer Management 		Fax   : +27 31 325552