Re: Error ORA-04031: unable to allocate 288 bytes of shared memory

From: Vijay Vardhineni <vardhineni_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/01/07

Make sure that your database has a large SGA. If possible, convert your code into a pl/sql package, and PIN it in the SGA. You can use ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED_POOL command to flush your Shared Pool, without shutting down your database.

--
Vijaya Kumar Vardhineni
Oracle DBA, EDS

Your Name <Yourname_at_somwhere.COM> wrote in article
<5ar0kv$f41_at_Firewall.ttsl.co.uk>...