Re: ACCESS 95 database web connectivity

From: Richard G. Ramirez <ou79138_at_deere.com>
Date: 1997/01/07

Dustin Sparks <dustin_sparks_at_exchange.gallup.com> wrote in article <01bbf900$cdfc4980$6cc3f7c6_at_dustin_sparks.gallup.com>...
> Trying to connect a very robust MS Access95 database to the web, queries
> won't run, anyone evr do this with any success?

I have been successful using PWS on Windows 95, not the one that comes with FrontPage
but the "other one." Sorry, I get confused with Microsoft's naming.

Here are some things that I remember as important.

Make sure you have an ODBC data source pointing to the right database. Test it
outside the PWS.

I used FrontPage but you can generate the scripts manually. I had some problems getting the HTML pages to point to the right directory, the one containing the IDC script.
Here is one of my IDC scripts. It is on c:\WebShare\wwwroot\test1.

Datasource: WebData
Template: ../webdata2.htx
SQLStatement: select report_id, report_name, report_file +from reports
+order by report_id desc

Hope this helps.

Richard Received on Tue Jan 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CST