Error ORA-04031: unable to allocate 288 bytes of shared memory

From: Your Name <Yourname_at_somwhere.COM>
Date: 1997/01/06

Hello,

I have a problem that occurs sometimes, when trying a sql, PL/SQL or ProC program.
It tells me it can not allocate a certain amount of memory, and then the process fails. This is probably due to fragmentation of the memory, so that the database has to be shut down.

But my application runs on two sites: one uses oracle 7.0, the other one Oracle 7.2.
The one with 7.2 has that problem every week, the other one never !!!!

Does anybody else has that problem ?
Is it due to Oracle 7,2, and if so, is it fixed with the 7.3 ?? Thanks
Renaud HUILLET
rhuillet_at_ttsl.co.uk Received on Mon Jan 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CST