Re: Problems creating Jobs in Enterprise Manager on NT

From: SREESG <sreesg_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/01/06

I too noticed this problem .
One thing you can try is make sure the NT user has execute batch or login as batch / background jobs advanced option turned on . ( I am sorry I do not remember the actual privilege ! but I am sure you can figureout very easily when you get to the user manager in admin on NT ) Then as a test try submitting a very simple job like 'DIR' on the managed node.

Oracle Support says this will work . Well It did ot work for me ! I was told if I dont use the network manager to generate my files, it will not work !!
I don't understand why ! I agree that is the right way of doing it ! but I am positive my files are all correct .

Strangely enough no one at WWW support has an answer for the following problems :

  1. Why is dbsnmp_status on NT 4.0 is always OFF
  2. Why can't I see the ping oracle agent enabled in the OEM even after the successful config of all files. I can never see this menu Item enabled.
  3. I applied the Patch on the Oracle7.3 on HPUX 10x. Still the agent can't see him.

Its a Great product ! . It will be great if Oracle makes it work for us.

Lot of people may not like this idea but isn't it desirable to have a version of OEM
on UNIX ( character mode interface / Xwin ) which I am sure will be more stable than NT ( Dont misunderstand me I like NT but it got to better work ). I noticed on a NT 4.0 system with 64MB RAM just running enterprise manager two very small
Oracle databases., The agent seem to have hung the whole system with a simple
DIR job on the managed node . It never worked. All it did was hang the NT work station !

A long way to Go ....

I just saw some news recently that HP is working with Oracle to integrate some
DB monitoring into OpenView .I wish that will work ! Otherwise we got to get down to writing Oracle SNMP programs !!

Thanks
Sree GHANTASALA Received on Mon Jan 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CST