Re: reinstall 7.3.2 on DEC UNIX

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/01/04

MarkP28665 wrote:

> >> User unable to connect internal <<
>
> Under UNIX system the ability to connect internal is related to 1) your OS
> level group and 2) if using sqldba your sqlnet connect string must be 'P:'
> for pipe instead of T:xxxx for TCPIP. You might want to check the Os
> parameter settings for your system. There is an option to provide a
> password to Oracle when installing, but unless you did this I would be
> willing to make a small wager that there is a good possibility that 1 or 2
> above is your problem.
>
> Good Luck.
>
> Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow
> so follow your own advise

John,

You need to make sure of two things.

  1. Make sure you are in the "dba" group by typing "id" on the command line. If you are "root" you have to make sure the effective group is "dba" by using the "newgrp" command.
  2. cd to your $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory. If there is a "sqlnet.ora" there move it to another name so it does not exist under that name anymore.

Then try to connect internal. There is a bug that the sqlnet.ora file that is shipped with Digital Unix RDBMS 7.3.x has some bogus information in the sqlnet.ora file that will cause the problems you have described. Received on Sat Jan 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST