Re: NT 4.0 auto start

From: Rashid Karimov <rashid_at_rk.wbs.com>
Date: 1997/01/03

    Somehow on my machine ORACLE and Listener made it into the     SERVICES ( which means "Control Panel" --> "Services" ) and     therefore I can use usual SERVICES startup editing to tell     the system when to start ORACLE and Listener . It can be     automatic or manual or disabled ( automatic has 2 sub-levels

            but I don't remember them off top of my head ).     Works just fine ( I tried all combinations ). I'm not sure     how it will behave with multiple SIDs , since I have only one.

Kevin J Barnes (kbarnes_at_airmail.net) wrote:
: I am trying to get a NT WGS 7.3 system to autostart with a command file
: and having no luck.

: I have a strtSID.cmd which has the -startup commands in it.

: I have edited HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
: SOFTWARE
: Microsoft
: Windows NT
: CurrentVersion
: WinLogon

: and added , d:\orant\database\strtSID.cmd. so the command now looks like
: lsass.exe, d:\orant\database\strtSID.cmd but the service will no
: automatically start.

: If I go to a command prompt and run strtSID.cmd the system starts up
: fine.

: Any insight would be appreciated. I have set ORACLE_SID in the registry
: and in the command file.

: TIA,

: KEvin

--

               Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
               In the world of magnets and miracles
               Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
               The ringing of the division bell had begun ...
                        -=PF, The Division Bell=-