Re: Connection limit with SQL*net 2.3 and Windows 3.11 clients????

From: Paul <bfekrat_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/01/03

dblocher_at_ptd.net wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Dec 1996 16:02:49 -0800, Barry Schader
> <barry.schader_at_medtronic.com> wrote:
>
> >David Blocher wrote:
> >>
> >> We recently upgraded our Oracle database server from 7.0.12 for
> >> netware (running sql*net 1.1 for spx) to 7.3.2.2 on NT 4.0 using
> >> sqlnet 2.3. We immediatly had problems with out windows 3.11 machines
> >> that were running our HMI (human machine interface) software.
> >> Eventually we found out that we could not have more than 4 connections
> >> to the database open at once. These HMI's are using ODBC, I tried
> >> intersove and the latest from oracle. I have also reproduced the same
> >> problem from within powerbuilder using native database drivers. Is
> >> there a documented reason why I cannot have as many simultaneous
> >> connections with sqlnet 2.3 as I did with 1.1? Has anybody else
> >> encountered this problem?
> >> Thanks in advance
> >> Davic Blocher
> >> Carpenter Technology Corp
> >
> >This is a bit of a longshot, but have you checked to see if the Oracle
> >7.3.2.2 install put LICENSE_MAX_SESSIONS in your init.ora file?
> >
> >Barry Schader
> >barry.schader_at_medtronic.com
> I ran the same program copiled for 32 bit on NT and Windows 95 and I
> could get at least 20+ simultaneous connection. I didn't bother
> trying more than that. Also all of the test machines had 32 megs of
> ram.this is really strange. why don't you try establishing connections with
your win 3.1 machines but NOT through your app. that way you might be able to narrow down the problem. e.g. -- use SQL Plus on five win3.1 boxes. Also, do you still have the win 3.1 boxes loggin into a novell server or is it purely a windows nt network now?

paul Received on Fri Jan 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST