Session Termination ????

From: Sean Kubovcik <sean.kubovcik_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/01/02

What is the impact/differences between the following client session/process termination facilities:

      sqlnet.ora file sqlnet.expire_time parameter

          and

      User profile IDLE TIME parameter

I know one would be at the user level and one would be global, but, I need to know what kind of termination occurs and what impact, if any. In addition, I want to insure that if a session fires off a process that takes several hours that it would not be a canidate for termination just because it is waiting (idle) for the process to complete.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Sean

sean.kubovcik_at_worldnet.att.net Received on Thu Jan 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST