PO7 V7.2.2.4 resets my machinez!

From: Steve McAllister <smm_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/01/02

I have installed the 'try me' Personal Oracle for Windows NT V7.2.2.4 on a WinNT 3.51/SP3 machine. The machine is a clone and has 32MB of RAM a P75 and has been reliable until recently. I have also purchased PO7 for WinNT from Oracle, but I will not install it until I resolve my current problem. I have created a 2 GB tablespace to use as a test platform. The problem I get is an occasional fatal error that either locks up my machine or resets my machine. The problems seem to occur somewhat randomly while querying one of about 5 tables. The tables vary in width , but have a max of 3.5M rows in the largest table. I have found oraXXXX.trc files in the \RDBMS72\TRACE directory. I see in these files that I get either get a ORA-0600, a FATAL ERROR IN TWO-TASK SERVER or just a C function call dump of with no error codes. The init.ora file is untouched accept for different rollback segments. My questions are:

Has anyone else encountered this type of problem on the NT platform with PO7?
Is there a patch available for this version? There is a limit on the tablespace size on PO7 of 2GB. Will this be lifted in the future or is it fixed in a later patch?

TIA,
Steve McAllister Received on Thu Jan 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST