Re: Database Creation Query

From: Gene Hubert <ghubert_at_acpub.duke.edu>
Date: 1996/12/31

In <01bbf56d$b2aad0c0$505078cb_at_jewong>, "Jeremy Wong" <jewong_at_po.pacific.net.sg> writes:
>Hi, I'm trying to create an Oracle 7.2 database running on WinNT and I
>cannot seem to do it when I try to put my configuration and datafiles
>anywhere outside the ORACLE_HOME directory. I tried to create a separate
>directory for my development environment to place my development database
>but I always get a database creation error when I run the script. It's OK
>when I do it in the ORANT directory (default ORACLE_HOME directory).
>
>The reason I need to do this is that ORACLE_HOME is in a partition with
>only a small amt of disk space, and the database I'm going to create could
>potentially be very huge. The only partition big enough is in another
>partition. I've given myself full administrative privileges on the OS and
>database levels.
>
>Has anyone ever encountered such a problem, or is this an Oracle for NT
>bug?
>
>Thanks,
>Jeremy

Hi,
I'm new to Oracle but I have been able to create 2 instances of Oracle on different drives under NT 3.51 with both Oracle 7.3 and 7.2. What scripts were you running and what error did you get? I found the documentation for how to create a database very confusing -- there seem to be several places where they tell you how to create a database, each slightly different. I encountered some weirdnesses when I created the 2nd of two databases/instances.

gene hubert Received on Tue Dec 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CST