One set of stored procedure for multiple users

From: Hongtao Gu <hgu_at_honshu.tbu.att.com>
Date: 1996/12/31

Please help us to find a good solution for this problem.

This is a development shop. We deliver one version of software to six different users. To offer technical support, we have to keep one set of data in our DB for each customer. As a result, in our Oracle DB, there are six users, each of them has a same set of tables, but the data in the tables are different. Now, we install one set of stored procedure for each user. If we modify/add a stored procedure, we have to intall it six times, once for one user. This is annoying.

We are looking for some method to simplify the process: install one set of stored procedure for all the users. Because of large number of existing store procedures (> 400), using dynamic SQL seems not a very desirable solution (big work load for modify/test the procedures + possible performance degration).

Anybody can suggest a better solution?

Thanks.

Hubert from Lucent Technologies.   Received on Tue Dec 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CST