Why procedure cannot see table?

From: Z. Martinez <zlm101_at_psu.edu>
Date: 1996/12/29

I created a stored procedure, LOAD_TOP_CUST, but I'm getting this error when I call it.

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
ORA-06512: at "MYUSER.LOAD_TOP_CUST", line 3
ORA-06512: at "MYUSER.LOAD_TOP_CUST", line 8
ORA-06512: at line 2

The procedure looks like this

CREATE OR REPLACE
PROCEDURE load_top_cust IS
  CURSOR top_cust_cur IS
    SELECT
      customer_id
    FROM customer_sales;

  top_cust_rec top_cust_cur%ROWTYPE;

BEGIN /*load_top_cust*/
  OPEN top_cust_cur;
  LOOP
  . . .
  CLOSE top_cust_cur;

END load_top_cust;

One notable thing I'd like to mention is that the CUSTOMER_SALES table was created by a different user, i.e. OTHERUSER. I tried declaring it as OTHERUSER.customer_sales but then I cannot even compile the procedure.

I granted select, made a public synonym, but nothing seems to work.

Any information is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Received on Sun Dec 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CST