2 Basic questions

From: LEV <lev_at_hq.icb.chel.su>
Date: 1996/12/28

  Oracle 7.2.2.3

  1. Multi-threaded server.
      We have about 60 users. Basicaly they work with
      SQL*forms 3.   We have very-very few SQL*Net users.
      Is there any good in turning on multi-threaded server?
      Is there any good in next line in init.ora file:
          mts_dispatcher="ipc,1" ?

  2. Parallel options.

      We have 2-processors server. Out OS (HP-UX 10.0)
      works fine with 2 processors.
      Is there any good in turning on ORACLE parallel options?
      I tried it, but with no visible result.
      I put in init.ora next lines:
           parallel_default_max_scans = 4          (isn't it a number of
processors?)
           parallel_default_min_servers = 4
           parallel_default_max_servers = 16
           parallel_default_scansize = 1000
      I expected to see 2 or 4 ora-processes (ps command) on any
      SELECT statement, but I only see I ora-process as it was
      without parallel options. Where is my error?
      Is parallel option tied to multi-threaded server?